Every Year, our Day of Action Kicks-off our Campaign.
We have put together some project ideas to help get you started.
We are the hand raisers. The game changers. The-stop-talking-start-doing-band-together-and-take-on-the-impossible-taskmasters.
If you or your organization is interested in participating in our 2022 Day of Action this September, please check out some of our ideas below:
Provide Cleaning Services for a Community Resource
- Clean pre-loved toys to give away to children during the holidays.
- Deep Clean Carpets, Office Areas (ex. cubicles), and Cloth Furniture.
- Sort and Organize Closets, Display Shelves, Retail Space.
- Caulk and Wash Windows.
- Wash Walls and Baseboards.
- Clean off mini-blinds, air vents, ceiling tiles.
- Clean out a community storage shed or garage.
- Wash vehicles, windows, gutters, and building exteriors.
Provide Nourishment for our Neighbors
- Deliver Meals on Wheels
- Bake goods for clients and consumers
- Provide bag lunches for community volunteers
- Participate in a Canned Food Drive for one of our local agencies
Brush and Brighten our Area with Fresh Colors
- Paint the exterior or interior space of a senior's home or rehabilitation center.
- Add a fresh coat of paint to an establishment's porch and/or window sills.
- Paint an agency office space.
- Paint a mural for a community space, park, or school.
- Refresh painting on a community playground
Lay Down the Foundations for Area Advancement
- Build shelves, bookcases, picnic tables
- Repair porches or window screens
- Build wheel-chair ramps to make areas more accessible
- Reconstruct an unsafe porch for a neighbor in need
- Build a sandbox / picnic area for kids
- Build storage areas for a local agency
Collect Daily Necessities for those in Need
- Hand Sanitizer
- Baby Wipes
- Toilet Paper
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Soaps, Shampoo, Conditioner
- Toothbrushes, Toothpaste
- Hairbrushes, Combs
- Safety / Disposable Razors
- Paper towels
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Disinfecting Spray
- Multi-Purpose Cleaner
- Mops, Buckets, Brooms
- Gently Used Vacuums
- Trash Bags
- Hats, Gloves, Scarves
- Jackets / Coats
- Jeans, Pants, Shorts
- Shoes, Sneakers
- Professional Wear (Interview Clothing)
- Notebooks (Wide-Ruled and College-Ruled)
- Composition Books (Wide-Ruled and College-Ruled)
- Pens, #2 Pencils, Highlighters
- Post-it / Sticky Notes
- Compass / Protractor
- 8-Digit Calculators (ex. TI-108)
- 3-Ring Binders (1in-3in)
- Wide-Ruled 3-Hole Punch Paper
- College-Ruled 3-Hole Punch Paper
- Crayons, Markers, Colored Pencils
- Glue Sticks / Glue Bottles
- Erasers, Correction Tape
- Beautify a space at a local school, community center
- Trim overgrowth, remove / repair walking hazards on local trails
- Plant a food producing community garden
- Establish pollinator gardens
- Create rain gardens along local trails to reduce run-off pollution in our waterways
- Help a neighborhood family in need with lawn maintenance
- Pressure Wash Community Walkways